Your Master Class Coach/Teacher – Mike Boyle
- Internationally recognized expert in strength and conditioning
- Former Strength & Conditioning Consultant for the World Series Champion Boston Red Sox
- Strength & Conditioning Coach with the US Gold Medal Olympic Teams in Women’s Soccer and Women’s Hockey
- Author of Advances in Functional Training and Designing Strength Training Programs and Facilities as well as over 20 instructional DVDs
- Owns and operates Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning
Over the past 38 years he’e been a Strength & Conditioning Coach to some of the World’s Top Athletes including:
- The Boston Bruins (NHL)
- The New England Revolution (MLS)
- Boston University Men’s Hockey (NCAA)
- The Boston Breakers (WUSA)
- Boston Blazers (MLL)
- 40+ ice hockey medalists from the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics
- Over 20 1st, 2nd and 3rd-round picks in the NFL draft
- Multiple athletes in men’s and women’s World Cup Soccer and Summer Olympic Games
- Athletes from the PGA, MLB, United States Tennis Association and World Boxing Association
In addition to that Coach Boyle has spoken all over the world, been featured on HBO Real Sports, ESPN, CNNSI, as well as in Sports Illustrated and USA Today.
Pete Williams, in his book “The Draft: A Year Inside the NFL’s Search for Talent” names Boyle as the guy who invented Combine Training.
Coach Boyle has also been known to develop some of the best strength & conditioning coaches in the profession, with his former assistants, students, former players, and interns are sprinkled across the collegiate and professional ranks with teams like the Miami Dolphins, San Jose Sharks, Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Anaheim Ducks, and Boston Celtics.
Mike Boyle’s Speed Development Master Class
Coach Mike Boyle will address how to develop an optimal speed development for speed & power athletes.
His topic covers his entire speed training system. Coach Boyle will dive into:
– What changes he made to his speed training program over the past 38 years (he’s still having epiphanies)
– Coach Boyle’s practical approach for team sports – It is designed for strength coaches and sport coaches who want faster athletes
– The pieces to the speed puzzle
– Putting it all together (proper warm-up/ mechanical work, plyometric training, bodyweight power training, timed sprinting, loaded power training, lower body strength development)
– Strength Training vs Sprint Training
– Sled training
– Other benefits to sprint training
– Length vs Frequency
– Front Side vs Back Side
– Why We Shouldn’t Listen To Most Track Coaches?
– Dumb football speed stuff
– What Strength Coaches ignore with speed training
– Did fear of injury scare Coach Boyle into doing too little?
– You do not have a speed development program if you are not doing this
– The Holy Grail of Speed Training?
– The best indicator of speed improvement